The planned use of the PE and school sport funding at Rhodes Avenue Primary School will be effective in improving and sustaining high quality PE and sports provision.
Basis of allocation
Allocations for the academic year 2017 to 2018 are calculated using the number of pupils in years 1 to 6 as recorded on the January 2017 census, as follows : Rhodes Avenue will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil
|To support the delivery of the Physical Education Curriculum through specialist coaches.|
|To increase pupil enjoyment and participation in Physical Education and School Sports, so that all pupils attain the performance level they are capable of achieving.|
|To develop and sustain positive attitudes towards healthy, active lifestyles and to use physical activity to improve pupils' health, well being and educational outcomes.|
|To continue to improve the frequency, breadth and quality of Physical Education and Sport provision.|
|Detailed Physical Education Development Plans with short and long-term targets that enable all pupils (including target groups) to progress and achieve.|
|To improve the quality of teaching in order for all pupils to make regular and sustained progress.|
|To increase opportunities for participation, including for our young SEND pupils, in a range of extra-curricular and competitive opportunities.|
|To use PE, School Sport and physical activity to impact on whole school priorities.|
For the school year 2017/18 funding will be spent in the following ways:
- Funding allocated to ensure the delivery of high quality curriculum PE sessions across the school within and beyond curriculum time;
- Funding for CPD in areas of PE where skills based teaching is required;
- Funding towards specialist coaching;
- Funding towards intervention programmes delivered through sport at lunchtimes and early morning sessions;
We are currently:
- Evaluating the school’s current strengths and areas for development in PE and sport, and implementing plans for improvement
- Continuing to plan and implement a programme of sports within and beyond the borough; competitions, tournaments and coaching to increase pupils’ participation (winners feeding into the School Games Programme);
- Enthusing staff, parents or volunteers where possible to run clubs;
- Quality assuring the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons and after-school sports clubs;
- Working alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence;
- Providing quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport;
- Providing after school and lunchtime clubs including leadership, opportunities;
- Running intervention programme through sport with targeted children.
Any additional funding will enable Rhodes Avenue to:
- Pay for transport to provide additional opportunities for pupils;
- Provide pupils who are gifted and talented in sport with expert, intensive coaching and support.
Please see the Primary PE and Sport Premium 2018-2018 (updated January 2018) document below which evidences our impact and accountability.
Sports Premium Expenditure