The planned use of the PE and school sport funding at Rhodes Avenue Primary School will support, sustain and extend high-quality PE and sports provision.
|To support the delivery of the Physical Education Curriculum through specialist coaches.|
|To increase pupil enjoyment and participation in Physical Education and School Sports, so that all pupils attain the performance level they are capable of achieving.|
|To develop and sustain positive attitudes towards healthy, active lifestyles.|
|To continue to improve the frequency, breadth and quality of Physical Education and Sport provision.
|Detailed Physical Education Development plans with short and long-term targets that enable all pupils (including target groups) to progress and achieve.|
Rhodes Avenue will continue to use Sports Premium Funding to:
- ensure the delivery of high-quality curriculum PE sessions across the school within and beyond curriculum time in order for all pupils to make sustained progress;
- deliver CPD where skills-based teaching is required;
- finance specialist coaching;
- use physical activity to improve pupils’ health and well-being and educational outcomes;
- support school priorities;
- deliver before-school, lunchtime and after-school sports intervention sessions.
Our school aims are to :
- continue to evaluate the school’s strengths and areas for development in PE and sport, and implement annual improvement plans;
- extend inclusive sporting events and competitions.
- strategically plan and implement a programme of sports within and beyond the Borough’s competitions, tournaments and coaching opportunities, to increase pupils’ participation;
- enthuse staff, parents or volunteers where possible, to run clubs;
- quality-assure the work of sports coaches and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons and after-school sports clubs;
- work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence;
- provide quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport;
- run intervention programmes through sport with targeted children.
Any additional funding will enable Rhodes Avenue to provide:
- transportation to sporting events to increase accessibility of sporting events to all pupils
- gifted and talented pupils with expert, intensive coaching and support.
Sports Premium Expenditure