Government remote education guidance:
The government’s ‘Remote education good practice’ guidance (link below) has been used by Rhodes Avenue Primary School for the curriculum and delivery of remote education . The guidance offers non-statutory suggestions which we have considered in relation to the context of our school.
Since 23rd March 2020 we have developed our remote education offer and systems. The government has asked all schools to plan for any disruption to schooling during the 2020-2021 academic year and we will continue to develop our remote education offer and systems using our school self-evaluation monitoring activities which also include gathering feedback from children and their parents.
In order to enable effective capacity for the remote education expectations set by the government during an individual’s isolation, class isolation, group isolation or local lockdown the school follows the government’s ‘Guidance for full opening’ (link below).
Nursery and Reception children access their remote education via the Tapestry management information system (link below).
Children in Years 1-6 access their remote education via the Seesaw management information system (links below).
Seesaw introductory video for parents
Seesaw handy tips video for parents
Distance Learning policy:
Our school’s Distance Learning policy can be accessed by clicking on the link below:
School Teaching Offer:
Teaching Offer (document updated Jan 2021)
Support through Specialist Teaching:
Our remote education offer is supported through a whole school approach:
- Sports Coach (Chelsea Orridge-Golding) is leading live PE sessions with year groups (teaching H pod children and the year group as a whole) and is also producing weekly recorded PE for children’s second PE lesson of the week. These are also available on the Sports webpage (https://rhodesavenue.school/our-learning/sports/).
- Specialist Art teacher (Rosie Sawyer) is supporting remote education with art projects lessons which have been created for KS1 and KS2 and are a wonderful way to maintain the school community feeling by working on our 2 whole school chosen art pieces.
- We are currently producing top tip SeeSaw videos for parents and/or children.
- Whole School assesmblies (up to 4 assemblies a week) led by the Headship Team.
- Specialist MFL teachers (Madame Chadier and Madame Gregoire) are producing weekly pre-recorded French lessons for children in Year 2 and above.
- Leading Practitioner (Jette Rayner) and EAL Leader (Myrtle Caldeira) have created a great resource for parents to support pupils with EAL at home (https://rhodesavenue.school/our-learning/english-as-an-additional-language/)
- Dance teacher (Jessica) is producing weekly pre-recorded videos for Reception.
- Librarian (Amanda Chilton) is delivering library books to families wanting to loan books from school.
Timetables subject to change following evaluation.
Parent Survey Feedback:
Nursery Survey Parent results (Jan 2021)
Reception Survey Parent results (Jan 2021)
Year 1 Parent Survey results (Jan 2021)
Year 2 Parent Survey results (Jan 2021)
Year 3 Parent Survey results (Jan 2021)
Year 4 Parent Survey results (Jan 2021)
Year 5 Parent Survey results (Jan 2021)
Year 6 Parent Survey results (Jan 2021)