SPRING TERM 1
VIRTUAL PE LESSON
RECEPTION – Multi-Sports
Spring Term 1 – The topic that we will be focusing on in your Virtual PE Lessons is Multi-Sports.
Below are the 6 key skills and the learning objective:
- Balancing – To be able to balance on different body parts with control and stability.
- Catching – To be able to catch a ball with two hands from different heights and distances consistently.
- Jumping – To be able to take off and land in complete control.
- Running – To be able to run at speed with fluency and with a quick change of direction.
- Throwing – To be able to throw an object with accuracy and control by using a range of techniques.
- Travelling – To be able to travel with control at different speeds whilst showing good awareness.
YEAR 1 & 2 – Indoor Athletics
Spring Term 1 – The sport that we will be focusing on in your Virtual PE Lessons is Indoor Athletic.
Below are the 4 key skills and the learning objective:
- Jumping – (The Sportshall Infants Programme – Activity “Bouncer and Jumper”) To be able to jump in and out of an area from a standing position whilst showing good control.
- Running – (The Sportshall Infants Programme – Activity “Runner”) To be able to run at speed with a change of direction.
- Striking – (The Sportshall Infants Programme – Activity “Striker”) To be able to strike a ball with accuracy and have a smooth body movement in to the strike.
- Throwing – (The Sportshall Infants Programme – Activity “Launcher”) To be able to throw a variety of object whilst using a range of different techniques.
YEAR 3 & 4 – INTRA – Dodgeball
Spring Term 1 – The sport that we will be focusing on in your Virtual PE Lessons is Dodgeball.
Below are the 5 key skills and the learning objective :
- Catching – To be able to catch a ball from different heights and distances.
- Dodging – To be able to move your feet quickly and effectively to dodge the ball.
- Ducking – To be able to demonstrate good awareness of your physical actions and responses.
- Jumping – To be able to take off and land in a coordinated way.
- Throwing – To be able to throw a ball with control, speed and accuracy consistently.
YEAR 5 & 6 – INTRA – Football
Spring Term 1 – The sport that we will be focusing on in your Virtual PE Lessons is Football.
Below are the 5 key skills and the learning objective:
- Attacking – To be able to dribble the ball with control and at different speeds whilst performing a variety of skills.
- Defending – To be able to get into a position to tackle or intercept a pass.
- Dribbling – To be able dribble with control in games using different techniques where necessary.
- Passing – To be able to pass the ball with control and accuracy consistently.
- Shooting – To be able to shoot consistently with accuracy when using different techniques.
Home Workout Links
Key Steps Gymnastics routines
Level 2 (Years 3 + 4):
Level 3 (Years 5+6):
The following links all lead to the Youth Sports Trusts’ exercises for PE during this time. Please follow the links for activities and ideas
We also have some special Disney dance along videos to favourite Disney songs. Please see the link below for more information.
NEW HOME WORKOUT VIDEOS
These next set of videos are fitness workouts for the whole family to get involved in. They range from Level 1 (beginner) to level 6 (expert) based on difficulty! See if you can manage to get through all 6 during your time at home! There is also a bonus video at the end based all around hip hop dancing!
LET’S GET MOVING!!!
Beginner Level 1
Beginner Level 2
Moderate Level 3
Advanced Level 4
Advanced Level 5
Expert Level 6
BONUS – HIP HOP WORKOUT
Home Workout Videos
Children can use the following videos to keep themselves active and healthy whilst at home
Batman Part 1
Batman Part 2
Harry Potter Wizards
Extension Fitness 1
Extension Fitness 2
For pupil to enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing with each other in a broad range of disciplines, sporting events and physical activities by:
- improving key skills – catching, throwing, jumping, running, control and balance;
- developing strategies and tactics to overcome opponents in a team;
- evaluating and recognising their own success.
Year 4 will be taking swimming lessons this academic year. Please remember that it is a 8:45 am start.
Autumn Term 4CB
Spring Term 4EA
Summer Term 4AG
See below the table for Intra Sports competitions for Years 3 and 4.
|Autumn 1||Indoor Athletics|
|Summer 1||Sports Day|
See below the table for Intra Sports competitions for Years 5 and 6.
|Autumn 1||Indoor Athletics|
|Summer 1||Sports Day|
Intra-Sport Competition Results
Matches begin shortly.
Autumn 1 – Indoor Athletics – Winners Australasia
Autumn 2 – Gymnastics – Winners Asia
Spring 1 – Dodgeball/Football – Winners Europe
Spring 2 (01.04.20)
Summer 1 (20.05.20)
Summer 2 (15.07.20)
Thursday 9th January – Haringey Athletics Heat 1 @ ST Thomas More
Thursday 16th January – Year 4 boys Football VS Norfolk House @ Powerleague Barnet
Friday 17th January – Tag Rugby London Semi Finals @ HAC Compound
Wednesday 22nd January – Boys/Girls Middlesex Football Finals @ Powerleague Enfield
Thursday 23rd January – Middlesex Cross Country Finals @ Harrow Private School
Friday 24th January – Watford Football Finals Girls @ Watford Training Ground
Thursday 30th January – Haringey Athletics Finals @ ST Thomas More
Friday 31st January – Watford Football Finals Boys @ Watford Training Ground
Friday 14th February – Indoor Cricket Semi Finals @ Lords
Friday 14th February – Year 6 Girls Netball VS Norfolk House @ Rhodes
Upcoming Sports Trials
W/B Monday 24th February – Year 6
W/B Monday 10th February – Years 4,5 and 6
Pupil Sports Reporters’ Newsletters 2019 – 2020
Policy and Documents
For details of how we spend the Sports Premium funding see our Sports Premium Web page