What is RAPSA?
RAPSA plays an important, social and exciting role at Rhodes Avenue Primary School. It organises fairs – Summer Fun Day, Christmas Fair, Spring Fair – and events – Jumble Sales, Quiz Nights and Cake Sales – it plans and hosts fun, social evenings – Bollywood and Boogie Nights – throughout the academic year in order to raise funds that support school initiatives. Funding successes include updating the computer suite and the purchasing of a lighting and sound system for Witham Hall. Although fundraising is an important part of RAPSA, we believe that it also provides an important social function as well, particularly for the induction of new parents and carers. It provides a forum for socialising and networking, RAPSA events provide enjoyable opportunities for you to get to know the school community and for established parents and carers to maintain that bond which creates lasting friendships.
By joining RAPSA you have the opportunity to be at the centre of the school community and you will be supporting the school.
Our aims are to:
- support the integration of new parents into the school community through social events and parent networks;
- plan school community evening events for adults to enjoy;
- support social, recreational and academic activities for pupils;
- raise funds for the school;
- provide whole school inclusive social activities and opportunities that contribute towards community cohesion and enjoyment.
Working with the School
RAPSA supports the school at social events and also through its fund raising. Annually RAPSA offers financial help for: school trips, tennis lessons and classroom supplies and we also fund larger long-term school goals, recently we have backed the following projects:
- 2013 – 2104 Sound and lighting system/classroom iPads with charging trolley;
- 2014 – 2015 Soft surfacing for the Junior Playground/Infrastructure for the Computer Suite/Software and computer hardware resources;
- 2015 – 2016 £20,000 for the Infant Playground/15 Djembe drums/Vegetable growing areas/Portable outdoor sound system;
- 2016 – 2017 £10,000+ for astro-turfing the Infant Playground.
Co Chairs: Claire Pape and Julie Harrison (tba at AGM)
Co-Treasurers: Sheena Patel and Karen Konowalchuk (tba at AGM)
Secretary: (tba at AGM)
Class Rep Co-ordinator: Rachel Sanders (tba at AGM)
For general enquiries RAPSA representatives can be contacted via the following email: email@example.com