The planned use of the PE and school sport funding at Rhodes Avenue Primary School will be effective in improving and sustaining high quality PE and sports provision.
Allocation for the academic year 2020 – 2021, and under-spend from 2019-2020 due to COVID-19, are calculated on the basis of the number of pupils in Year 1 to Year 6 recorded on the January 2020 census. Consequently the school will receive £21,420 in total.
|To support the delivery of the Physical Education Curriculum through specialist coaches.|
|To increase pupil enjoyment and participation in Physical Education and School Sports, so that all pupils attain the performance level they are capable of achieving.|
|To develop and sustain positive attitudes towards healthy, active lifestyles and to use physical activity to improve pupils' health, well-being and educational outcomes.|
|To continue to improve the frequency, breadth and quality of Physical Education and Sport provision.|
|Detailed Physical Education Development Plans with short and long-term targets that enable all pupils (including target groups) to progress and achieve.|
|To improve the quality of teaching in order for all pupils to make regular and sustained progress.|
|To increase opportunities for participation, including for our young SEND pupils, in a range of extra-curricular and competitive opportunities.|
|To use PE, School Sport and physical activity to impact on whole school priorities.|
For the academic year 2020 – 2021 funding will be spent in the following ways:
- Funding allocated to ensure the delivery of high quality curriculum PE sessions across the school within and beyond curriculum time;
- Funding for CPD in areas of PE where skills based teaching is required;
- Funding towards specialist coaching;
- Funding towards intervention programmes delivered through sport or at lunchtimes and early morning sessions;
- Funding to support the impact of lockdown on pupil fitness and sports engagement.
We are currently:
- Evaluating the school’s current strengths and areas for development in PE and sport, and implementing plans for improvement;
- Continuing to plan and implement a programme of sports within and beyond the borough; competitions, tournaments and coaching to increase pupils’ participation (winners feeding into the School Games Programme and virtual competitions programme);
- Enthusing staff, parents or volunteers where possible to run clubs;
- Quality assuring the work of sports coaches, specialist teachers and instructors employed to coach in PE lessons and after-school sports clubs;
- Working alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence;
- Providing quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport;
- Providing after school, lunchtime and holiday clubs including leadership, opportunities;
- Running intervention programmes through sport and fitness with targeted children.
Any additional funding will enable Rhodes Avenue to:
- Pay for transport to provide additional opportunities for pupils;
- Provide pupils who are gifted and talented in sport with expert, intensive coaching and support.
- Enable pupils to catch up and meet expected standards in swimming by the end of Key stage 2
Sports Premium Expenditure